Saturday, August 9, 2008

Freddie Meowie

So we have a female cat named Freddie Meowie. (Don't ask, Sophia named her.) She was limping around Thursday night and meowing really loudly, so I figured out that something was wrong with her left front leg. I grew up on a farm, so I didn't really think a whole lot of it, I just decided to wait until the morning. Well, she spent all of Friday under the couch in the kid's living room. So I took her to the vet this morning to see if they could make a diagnosis. She broke her leg in 2 places!! Now I think that Joshua had something to do with her injury, but I'm not totally sure. The surgery to fix her leg was going to be around $800 so we decided to take her home and just let it heal crooked. I know it sounds mean, but we got her some apin medicine so she won't be in pain the whole time. She actually seems a lot better today. I am going to talk to some people at church tomorrow and see if any of them know a country vet that can maybe just put her under anastethia and then splint her leg or something. I'm sure that would be cheaper than a surgery with pins and plates and wires.

No comments: